When you browse for safety glasses at SafeVision™, you may have noticed that our product is listed as “safety-rated”. What does that mean for you and your employees?
They Are OSHA Compliant
When used in the workplace, such as a manufacturing plant, safety glasses need to be OSHA compliant in order to meet safety regulations. Not only does this make your workplace a safer environment for employees, but it will keep their eyes safe and healthy.
They Are ANSI Rated
ANSI z87.1 certified safety glasses ensure you and your employees are adequately protected. ANSI, or the America National Standards Institute, is a non-profit organization whose goal is to enhance “both the global competitiveness of U.S. business and the U.S. quality of life by promoting and facilitating voluntary consensus standards and conformity assessment systems and safeguarding their integrity.”
ANSI z87.1 means that our safety glasses are tested and rated for protection from impact, non-ionizing radiation, and liquid splash exposures.
They Are Tested For Quality & Compliance
All of our safety glasses and spectacle kits are tested for quality and compliance:
- High-velocity impact to determine the capability to resist impact from high velocity, low mass projectiles
- Penetration to determine the ability to resist penetration by low mass pointed projectiles
- Switching index of glasses that automatically darken filter lenses when exposed to light sources.
- Ensuring the safety glasses can prevent liquid splashes and sprays from reaching the eyes.
- Ensuring the safety glasses can prevent both large and fine dust particles from reaching the eyes.
This testing helps ensure that the safety glasses you are getting are appropriate for your workplace needs such as manufacturing, the office, and mining.
SafeVision™ Stays Abreast Of Industry Standards
At SafeVision™ is committed to staying abreast of industry standards to bring you the safest prescription safety glasses. Our team of experts is available to discuss your prescription safety glasses needs and choose the Corporate Program that is right for you.